TAKE 60 SECONDS TO LEARN HOW FCMA
HELPS YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE
Communications: Timely alerts, legislative, and regulatory updates sent to your office
Legislative: Advocacy at the state Capitol for medical liability, managed care reform, and other issues that impact your practice
Educational programs: Specialized seminars tailored to physicians and their staff
Staff assistance: A research staff, including two paralegals and legal counsel, to assist you with almost any issue. Our staff of five has a combined total of over 100 years of work experience at FCMA.
Discounts: Valuable products and services offered to your practice
NOT A MEMBER? JOIN TODAY!
There is strength in numbers…together we are stronger!
February 19, 2014
Preliminary Injunction Upheld
The Fairfield County Medical Association and the Hartford County Medical Association’s recent victories against UnitedHealthcare (UHC) was a significant first step in vindicating your rights against UHC for its improper termination of your participation from its Medicare Advantage Network. The preliminary injunction, which was upheld by the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals, maintains the status quo – i.e. your continued participation in the network while you pursue arbitration. Thus the next step, according to the agreement you probably signed with UHC, is to commence binding arbitration with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). Continue reading...
We have a list of our events displayed here as a reminder for our membership and their staff. To register online, click on the dropdown "calendar" and choose an end date (we suggest December 20 to allow all the events to appear) and click filter. To download and print the registration form, just click on the title of the program you wish to attend in the information below.
- April 2: Employment Law Update for Medical Practice Groups - Norwalk Inn & Conference Center - 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m.
- April 9: 2014 PQRS Overview and Changes - Norwak Inn & Conference Center - 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m.
- April 15/16: ICD-10-CM Coding Boot Camp - Norwalk Inn & Conference Center - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- April 23: 222nd Annual Meeting - The Continental Manor - 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- April 26: Commercial Driver Medical Examiner Training Course - The Continental Manor - 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- September 27: ShredFest 2014 - Association Headquarters - 917 Bridgeport Ave., Shelton - 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Thank you for your interest and participation in our educational seminars.
2014 FCMA/CSMS dues must be paid in full to receive membership pricing.